I WILL write something to accompany this at some point!!!
The glass door to City Light Realty had a black and white mural on it of a city line. Well that figured anyway given the name. God she really hoped this place could help her out. She took a deep breath, said a small prayer and walked into the building. An older lady looked up from the only desk in the main area. “Hi! I’m Nancy. What can I do for you today”? She seemed friendly enough, and ready to help. “Well…I have been searching for an apartment for several months and I just can’t seem to find anything that works for me”. With a nod, Nancy motioned for her to have a seat in one of the few chairs that lined the wall. Before she walked down the narrow hall to pop her head into one of the open office doors she said, “I didn’t catch your name?” After giving her information to Nancy, Elise grabbed the nearest celebrity gossip magazine as she waited. Naturally there was a greek god in a bathing suit. His tan abs rippled against an ocean back drop. She tossed the magazine back on the table and snorted under her breath, did real men even look like that? Not likely…
Her cynicism was interrupted by a young redhead. The bubbly-ness was just radiating off her perfectly put together person. “Elise?” She smiled and beckoned for Elise to follow her. As Elise sat in the oversized chair the redhead was already clacking on her keyboard. “So my name is Angela, and I am going to be helping you today. What exactly are you looking for in an apartment, what kind of budget are you working with?” Angela was pleased that Elise was not a hard person to please. She wanted her living space to be clean, small was fine, and it had to be in her budget. She became a little more hopeful as she saw a wide smile growing on her agents face. “Elise, do you have some time free today, I think I have a few places you will be dying to see”.
© Ashley M. Nee 2012
I must say thank you to Lada Ray for honoring me with this award! Her blog is fantastic, it showcases her many books as an indie author (which is very inspiring to me because I am working on my own novel). She also has some very beautiful pictures of Russia on her blog.
As always let’s get to the nitty gritty of the award. Here’s the rules!
Seven things about me:
1) Sometimes I wish we could pack all of our stuff up and transport our family to New York City. I have always wanted to live there.
2) The very poem I wrote was when I was 5 and it was about skeletons dancing in the moonlight (my mother still has it).
3) Whenever I am in my house I have pajama pants on…they soothe me 🙂
4) I am counting down to when my children are a little older so I can read them Harry Potter.
5) I love to change my hair color, to me it is an amazing way of self expression
6) I used to play the trombone
7) Ramen noodles are one of my favorite foods
After soaking in those wildly quirky facts about me here are my 7 nominations for the Beautiful Blogger Award
1) The Kit-Kat Sisters This blog is so fun! It is run by two sisters and they have a little bit of everything, fashion, books, quotes, etc.
2) Canadian Hiking Photography I absolutely love all the pictures on this site. You must check it out.
3) That Dude Eddie There is some great poetry on this site
4) By James Piper What can I say? I am a sucker for fellow writers!!!
5) 5thingstodotoday Very inspirational to get you out there doing some new things!
6) Yasniger Some very lovely written works can be found here
7) The Urge to Write This blog has a number of things, book reviews, writing, etc.
So there we have it, please check out my fellow bloggers and show their page some support if you like what you see!!
I very much so liked the idea that this was all told in Darcy’s voice. For probably the first half of the book my mouth was hanging open in shock over the blatant rude tendencies of Darcy’s character. I was shaking my head at her observations of other people and the pure shallowness that came with every thought she had. The second half of the book, when she moved to London I was thrilled to see the character transformation that took place because of Ethan. By the end of the book I was in tears, so happy to have closure of the journey with Darcy, Rachel, Dex, and Ethan. There are many books out there that leave you wanting for more but never deliver. This was excellent read.
I know it is a little behind the times so to say, and not only has this book been read by millions, it has been seen as a movie by even more….but I just came into a little birthday money for my 25th and I spent it in 5 minutes on all of Griffin’s books.
Truth be told I have always been a book person. Movie versions never seem to live up to my expectations and the feeling of being in a book could never be replaced by watching a movie.
This book was simply written, which is not a bad thing by any means. I love being able to lose myself in a book without having to analyze everything to make sure I am not misunderstanding the author’s intentions.
There was something so painful, yet hopeful about Rachel falling in love with Dex. I could feel my heart skip a beat when Rachel’s did, and that feeling is like nothing else. The crafting of the characters was so believable, I think I knew a few Darcy’s when I was in high school.
I am just going to keep this short and sweet, but Emily Griffin…what an amazing writer 🙂